There are more than 1 billion apps in Google Play Store. The number of apps is increasing at a very fast pace. The mobile devices have great all-round performers. This is the reason that many developers and companies are focusing more on mobile apps rather than PC apps. There is a good chance that an app might be available for a service while no PC alternative is available. This is because of sudden curve towards handheld devices. It is obvious that PC users would love to runs these apps and games on laptops and desktops. This could be done initially with Android Emulators. The problem with those is that they are not efficient and apps are not optimized. There are issues like input bugs, lack of options and performance lag. To solve this issue, dedicated Android Emulators have been developed. One of these tools is called Bluestacks.
Bluestacks is one of the oldest and most reliable Android Emulators available out there. The developer team of Bluestacks continually keeps updating it for new games and apps. For example if someone wants to play Temple Run 2 on computer, then Bluestacks will be first choice. Why? Because it has built-in controls for playing Temple Run 2. Players can use arrow keys to jump and move in the game. This is made possible due to intensive integration of Android into the Windows PC components. If someone wants to use the mobile’s Facebook app on a computer, then Bluestacks not only provides the platform but it also serves as background notification service. The notifications will be received just like it is on mobile. These are some of the many reasons why installing and using Bluestacks on PC for running Android Apps and Games is a good idea.
Bluestacks was last updated to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. It is smooth and supports apps properly. It can also be rooted. The rooted Bluestacks works exactly like a rooted Android smartphone. Apps like Titanium Backup, ROM Toolbox, WiFi Kill can be installed on Bluestacks. The interface of Bluestacks is pretty simple and straightforward. There is an app menu in the start. This app menu displays the apps that were launched recently. Below this are the lists of hot apps and games. They show the upcoming and ongoing hit titles. To install an app, user can either use Bluestacks Store or Google Play Store. All options are available. And just like a true Android, users can even install an app in Bluestacks using APK file. This is the coolest and most used method to install Apps and games in Bluestacks.
Download and Install Bluestacks for PC (Windows / Mac)
- Download Bluestacks Offline Installer: Windows | Mac OS X
- Once the installer has downloaded, execute it.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete installation.
- During installation, choose whether to make shortcuts or not.
- Once the installation is done, open Bluestacks.
- It will ask for login.
- It should not be skipped as it will be very helpful.
- Use your Google ID to login in Bluestacks.
- It will be used to download and install apps and games from Google Play Store.
- Once you have logged in, move on to the app drawer.
- This is it. For more information, check out following guides.
How to Install App/Game using APK in Bluestacks
- Download and place APK file anywhere on your PC.
- Now open it with Bluestacks as preferred app.
- It will launch the APK installer.
- Once the APK has been installed, you will receive a notification on PC.
- Click on this notification to get into app directly.
- If the notification is missed or it does not work, open app drawer in Bluestacks to access app.
- If there is an error regarding invalid installation package, it means that APK download file was corrupted.
- To fix this issue, re-download APK and verify final size of APK to actual size available online.
- Then follow steps 1-6 to install the APK.
How to change default launcher of Bluestacks
- If the default launcher of Bluestacks is too boring for you, follow these steps to change it.
- Open Play Store and search for Launcher.
- Choose anyone from the list and click on Install.
- Once it has been installed, press Home button and choose new launcher as default.
- Now it will be the default launcher of Bluestacks.
- It will look pretty similar to an Android tablet or smartphone now.
- To revert back to default launcher, just install the launcher app from app drawer.
If you have any queries regarding Bluestacks, then ask me in the comments below