Jide, the company behind one of the most famous Kickstarter projects called “Remix OS” was in a lot of spotlight since the day it launched its startup. Remix OS was an entire operating system based on the Android operating system. It was different from ordinary Android emulators in a sense that once you booted into it, all you had was the Remix OS and you could do each and everything in this OS just like you did on an Android phone. Remix OS has a lot of pros, and at the same time it has some cons as well. For example, Remix OS requires either a USB stick to be launched or it requires a VMware installed on your Windows PC or Mac PC to run. Since Remix OS turned out to be way cool, it raised a demand and need of an Android emulator based on the same.
An Android emulator based on Remix OS seemed the right thing for Jide as well. The company released an Emulator after months of successful running of Remix OS. Jide named it as Remix OS Player, which is not surprising at all. The Remix OS Player made ordinary emulators bite the dust easily. Just like the Remix OS, the Player can do wonders as well. At first, it has got extremely stunning graphics. The mouse control is just like your computer. Mouse control lacks in the other emulators available around. You can make the use of right click as well in the Remix OS Player. The app drawer is located right on the lower-left corner just like the start-up menu of your Windows PC. There is a lot more to checkout in the all new Remix OS Player, but for that we will recommend you to get your hands on it.
Installing Remix OS Player for PC is an easy process and it is summed up into a handy guide here in our post. Remix OS Player may result in some issues while launching it for the very first time. For that purpose, you need to follow this guide and make sure that your installation process goes smooth. At the time of writing this post, Remix OS Player is available for Windows OS only. So, we will have a look on the method to download and install Remix OS Player for PC and also see how to run Apps for PC on it.
Remix OS Player requirements
- Windows 7 (64-bit) or newer
- Core i3 (Recommend Core i5 or Core i7) / No support for AMD Chipsets
- 4GB RAM
- 8GB Storage (Recommend 16GB)
- Enabled Virtualization Technology in BIOS
Download and install Remix OS Player for PC
- Download Remix OS Player setup from here.
- Run the downloaded Remix OS Player.exe file. This file is self extracting, so it will use your unzipping tool to extract its contents. You may want to have 7zip at hand.
- Make sure that you have extracted the contents on a known location inside your PC.
- Now open the extracted folder of the Remix OS Player.
- In the Remix OS Player for PC, go to RemixOSPlayer folder > remixemu > haxm-windows_v6_0_3 > run intelhaxm-android (run this file). This setup will let you choose what RAM do you want to allocate to the Android x86 based emulators running on your PC. Select 3 GB at the least.
- Now go back to the main folder of the Remix OS Player.
- From the extracted contents, run the Remix OS Player.exe and it should open up the newly installed Remix OS Player.
- As Remix OS Player startup screen pops up, select your desired RAM, number of CPUs and the resolution.
- Start Remix OS Player now and it should take you through a black-screen showing different messages.
- Hold on while it starts up the player. Once it takes you into the player, select your desired language and proceed. Go through the user agreement and skip the Remix OS Player app recommendations.
- In the next step, select whether you want to activate the Google Play Store or not.
- After activating the Google Play Store, it will take you into the Remix OS Player home-screen and that’s what you need to reach.
- You are now all set to install applications and run them smoothly. Use the Play Store to get your favorite Android games and applications right on your Windows powered PC.
That’s all with this guide. Stuck with something? No worries, you can always reach us out either through the comment box below or through our contact us page!