Bluestacks 2 is the latest version of the most famous Android Emulator in the world. It has been upgraded with tons of features. Some the most important features are being able to add custom touchscreen controls input via keyboard and mouse and adding gestures. These gestures include ones like swiping and shaking the device. Since Bluestacks was always used more for gaming, Bluestacks 2 is the perfect upgrade for it. It is more capable as it can be used for multitasking. More than one apps and games can be run at the same time. The latest update in this app has added the twitch channel streaming. This just shows how famous it has become among gamers.
A while ago, we posted a guide on how to root Bluestacks. Make sure to check it out too. Some people still prefer to use the first version. Anyhow, in this guide we will be talking about how to root Bluestacks 2. This guide is applicable on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and Windows 10. By rooting this Android Emulator, Android users will be able to gain full access to the system files. They can be modified in any way intended. This is just the first step in customizing Bluestacks 2. Lot of apps that are available only for rooted devices can now be installed. They can be used just the same way as used on mobile phones and tablets. Apps like WIFi Kill and Titanium Backup can always be used.
Now a days, people are using rooted Bluestacks 2 to play Pokemon Go on computers and laptops. Even though it is not appreciated, yet it is possible and it is fun! Lets just go through all the steps below. Follow each steps carefully to root Bluestacks 2.
Step 1: Installing KingRoot APK + Root
- Unzip the downloaded rooting package.
- Double-click on KingRoot APK.
- Open it with Bluestacks 2 as preferred App.
- The APK Installer will let you know when it has been installed.
- Once it has been installed, open Bluestacks 2.
- Open the App Drawer.
- Open KingRoot and click on it.
- It will start rooting automatically.
- Once done, move on to the next step.
- Optionally you can verify root access by downloading Root Checker App from Play Store.
Step 2: Installing SuperSU using Super Sume
- The KingRoot app has rooted Bluestacks 2 but it still needs a SuperSU app.
- From the unzipped rooting package, double-click on Super Sume APK.
- Use Bluestacks 2 as preferred App to open it.
- APK Installer will handle the installation and show up a notification at completion.
- Open Bluestacks 2 -> App Drawer.
- Open Super Sume App.
- Click on the Big Blue Android icon in front.
- It will install SuperSU app.
- Once done, head to next step.
Step 3: Finishing Up
- In this step, you have to uninstall KingRoot App from Bluestacks 2.
- Open App drawer.
- Click and hold on KingRoot App icon.
- Drag it to Uninstall and then release the button.
- It will delete the app.
- That’s it!
If you have any query, let me know in the comments below.